Hi Larry,

On the SableVM site, you will find 3 versions of Classpath which are simple to
build:

1- If you want to have a version wich works with the sablevm-0.1.6, download the
file sablepath-0.1.3.tar.gz.  This version is based on a relatively old
Classpath snapshot.

2- If you want a more recent, yet prepackaged version (does not work with the
web published SableVM), grab sablepath-classes/lib 0.1.7, which are very easy to
build (relatively to the current Classpath CVS).

3- If you are more advanturous, you could grab the sablepath-libs/classes CVS
snapshots which offer you a very easy build for classpath.  The CVS snapshot
reflects the state of the Classpath CVS a few days ago.

In all three cases, what you will find is a configure/make environment which is
not tied to a specific VM (at least in 2- and 3-), and that WORKS!...

I am simply awaiting the Classpath license change to contribute this simpler
build process to Classpath...

Etienne

Etienne M. Gagnon                    http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/