Tom Tromey wrote:

>Eric> StrictMath is required to be implemented in pure Java
>
>How curious.
>BTW, fdlibm is fine to use.  We already use it in libgcj.
>
>Thanks for doing this.  Now all we have to do is implement strictfp in
>gcj :-)

Do you have any examples of how GCC is *not* strictfp compliant (at
least on common platforms)? My understanding is that, by default, it
tries to be strictly IEEE 754. On x86 it will store values to memory and
make a function call to do FP arithmetic, unless -ffast-math is given
which allows it to do inline math using (the 80-bit x87) FP registers.

So, unless I misunderstand something and there is more to it, we should
make -ffast-math the default for Java except where strictfp is encountered.

regards

Bryce