Mark> Also take into account that Wonka contains only the java.awt,
Mark> java.awt.event and java.awt.image packages. We have that and
Mark> java.awt.color, java.awt.datatransfer, java.awt.dnd, java.awt.dnd.peer,
Mark> java.awt.font, java.awt.geom, java.awt.im, java.awt.im.spi,
Mark> java.awt.image.renderable, java.awt.peer and java.awt.print.

I think as with any merge, something like this must be done
class-by-class with careful attention paid to preserving the benefits
of both implementations.

Also, I think it is very important that native widgets be used in some
situations.  For instance, it's hard to picture running a native Linux
AWT on anything other than Gtk or Qt.  Writing a new toolkit is really
out of the question.

Tom