Dear Classpath members,

I yust added a fix to java.io.File.createTempFile() to limit the
filename to 8+3 characters, such that it also runs on DOS-filesystems.
To create a temporary file with an unique name I also limited the
prefix to max. 7 characters to be able to create a filename for a
temporary file which is not longer than 8 characters (a prefix with
7 characters is not recommended, because then there are only 16
different names available). That means the current implementation
returns all the time a temporary file with a filename of the pattern
8+3. Long prefixed are rejected by an exception. Is this behaviour
ok? What do you think?

I think the Classpath implementation should also be usuable on
limited filesystems (which you will find in many embedded systems).
For me the used filename is not important, thus I could live with a
short prefix. If that is not accepable, how to distinguish different
system capabilities in the right way? Is there some property or
something else which can be used?

Sincerely,

Torsten