I'm new to the list so I'll explain what I'm doing first: I'm working on a
port of the Saxon XSLT and XQuery processor to the .NET platform using
IKVMC. (You may already be familiar with this as Saxon.NET, but I'm now
looking at folding it into the core product).

I'm finding most things are working pretty well first time; the
discrepancies I'm seeing in my test suite results are primarily:

* numeric precision and formatting
* URI handling
* collation support
* regular expressions

(which is pretty much what I would have expected).

The topic here is regular expressions, where I am seeing a lot of tests
fail. Is there any information available as to the precise specification of
the regular expressions supported by Gnu Classpath, and/or the differences
from the Sun JRE?

Saxon supports the regular expressions of XML Schema and XPath 2.0 by
translating them into the regular expression dialect supported by Java (the
translator to do this was originally developed by James Clark). It's quite
possible that this produces some rather unusual regex patterns as a result.
It's not the end of the world if the Gnu dialect is slightly different,
because I can modify the translator to cope. But I do need to know what
specification I am working to!

Alternatively I can target the regex library on the .NET platform.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/