simon place wrote:
> while browsing, trying to solve a problem, came across classpath, but
> when i tried it i found a bug in the bit i wanted to use,(
> URL class )
> which appeared easy to fix, wrote what i thought was a fix
> but now can't seem to find a nice way to run it.
>
> i am trying NOT to set up another development environment and really
> just want to replace the existing class and run it.

I know how frustrating this is. Building an open source project can be a
real pain (especially on Windows). However, if you had asked on the
ikvm-developers list, I would have been happy to help you set up an ikvm
(including GNU Classpath) build environment.

> here's what i've tried so far;
>
> used IKVM, but the -xbootclasspath option doesn't override
> the existing classes. (this seems like a bug which i've posted.).

This is not a bug, but a design decision.

> please help, getting a bit frustrated, a simple bit of hit and run
> contribution, has turned into a week of annoyance.

I recommend you post your bug report (possibly including your suggested
fix) either here or to the ikvm-developers list, and if you ask me and
if it's a small issue, I'm usually fairly quick to include the fix in my
working tree and post a new ikvm snapshot that includes the fix.

Regards,
Jeroen