Hi Roman,

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 16:46 +0100, Roman Kennke wrote:
> I forgot to say: Don't use this demo to control a nuclear plant or
> airplane. It is a bad idea to attach a Swing demo to an auto pilot. :-D
> And do not disparage Sun using this demo, ROTFL

Funny. But also a little sad. They are small restrictions that make this
demo almost, but not really Free Software. It is a nice demo though.

(The word disparage is troublesome though. I am no native speaker, but
it seems to mean "to dishonor by a comparison with what is inferior". So
it is probably not a good idea to use this Demo to show we draw things
faster, or have better anti-aliasing compared to the Sun
implementation...)

> Am Donnerstag, den 16.02.2006, 16:00 +0100 schrieb Roman Kennke:
> > However, it is pretty impressive to see this run with Classpath and I
> > really want to share it with you, so I prepared a package for you to
> > download:
> >
> > http://kennke.org/~roman/SwingSet.tgz
> >
> > There are some small problems in it still, but all in all it looks quite
> > nice IMO. Good work Swing team! (the others also, but this is mostly
> > Swing related, so ...) I find it especially interesting that quite a lot
> > of the details also work ...

This is very, very impressive!
I just tried it with jamvm and GNU Classpath cvs head (you really need
the lastest cvs source). And it is pretty snappy and looks really good.
I am really looking forward to your Free Swing talk at Fosdem.

Congrats to everybody!

Mark