Hi,

On 3/20/06, Casey Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2006, at 2:07 PM, Christian Thalinger wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 13:51 -0800, Casey Marshall wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Are any free VMs currently supported on OS X for Intel (natively)?
> >>
> >> Alternatively, if there's a concise description on what's needed to
> >> support jamvm or cacao (function call ABI hacks, I'd assume), I'd be
> >> happy to hack on it.
> >
> > I think it's quite easy (at least for me) to port cacao to i686-
> > darwin.
> > The ABI is the same as on linux, AFAIK.
> >

> I did blindly try the i386-linux ABI support in jamvm, but that was
> hitting some weird SIGILL.

Here's a modified version of the ABI for linux/i386.  It now maintains
the darwin/i386 alignment constraints.  Of course, it is untested on
darwin/i386, but it works on linux/i386 (stricter alignment doesn't
matter).

So, all you should need to do it copy src/os/linux/i386 to
src/os/darwin/i386 and replace dll_md.c.  Let me know how you get on.

Rob.