On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 09:03 -0400, Ken Larson wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the creation of a new open-source project, FMJ
> ("Freedom for Media in Java"), with the goal of providing a replacement
> for/alternative to JMF.

Thanks for getting this going, Ken!

> I'm hoping that this project will be able to be used in GNU classpath as
> well.  I've chosen the GPL-compatible modified BSD license, which should
> allow this and pretty much anything else.

I think it'd help us greatly if we could use this for applications that
are using JMF atm. Currently, I know of TV apps (vdr-kaffe plugin, and
such), XSmiles (which has a JMF backed for Xine) and OpenOffice.org (for
multimedia content in presentatins, afair).

cheers,
dalibor topic