Il giorno dom, 14/05/2006 alle 11.34 -0400, Thomas Fitzsimmons ha
scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Mario Torre wrote:
>
> > As a side note, these directory can be configured at runtime by setting
> > one of these two properties:
> >
> > java.util.prefs.gconf.user_root
> > java.util.prefs.gconf.system_root
>
> Since these are GNU-specific properties, they should probably be
> prefixed with "gnu.".
>
> Tom

Hi

I don't know if they are really GNU-specific, as the backend can be used
also in non-GNU java implementation, having a common runtime property in
this case is important. Anyway, I don't really see problems here to
prefix "gnu." to the properties.

I attach the full backend patch with the properties changed to:

gnu.java.util.prefs.gconf.user_root
gnu.java.util.prefs.gconf.system_root

The ChangeLog is the same, as the patch has not been committed to cvs:

2006-05-12  Mario Torre  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * gnu/java/util/prefs/GConfBasedPreferences.java: new class.
        * gnu/java/util/prefs/GConfBasedFactory.java: new class.
        * gnu/java/util/prefs/gconf/GConfNativePeer.java: new class.
        * gnu_java_util_prefs_gconf_GConfNativePeer.h: generated
        header file.
        * classpath/native/jni/gconf-peer/GConfNativePeer.c: new C file.
        * configure.ac: update to introduce new files. Added options
        to build gconf native peer used by the GConf preference backend.
        * include/Makefile.am: update to introduce new files.
        * native/jni/Makefile.am update to introduce new files.
        * scripts/check_jni_methods.sh: added three new ignored file
        from check.
        * native/jni/gconf-peer/Makefile.am: new Makefile needed to
        build gconf-peer shared library.

After (and if) it is committed to cvs, I'll post on the mauve list a
couple of simple tests for the preference api.

Mario
--
Lima Software, SO.PR.IND. s.r.l.
http://www.limasoftware.net/