Hi Norman,

> another build surprise, and another stupid question. Sorry.
>
> Obviously, classpath cvs now depends on gconf, which depends on something
> called "ORBit" that I have never heard of, and that I don't have.

Orbit is usually installed as part of Gnome. Of which gconf is the
configuration management. So if you have gconf you usually also have
Gnome and with it you'll have Orbit.

If all or some of the above is not the case for you, we would need more
information from you. Maybe attach the config.log and/or the full
configure output.

Cheers, Roman

--
“Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads, without
Improvement, are roads of Genius.” - William Blake