On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 10:01 +0200, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> Mario Torre wrote:
> > This patch makes the gconf backend the default.
> >
> > The configure part of the patch is the same as the one
> > discussed early, but now the backend name is stored under
> > META-INF and loaded at runtime using ServiceFactory.
> >
> > A new file is introduced in the META-INF directory that is
> > used to build the actual real resource file, so there is a change in
> > copy-vmresources.sh to avoid the copy of this new file into the meta
> > directory.
>
> Thanks! This patch looks good to me. However, someone who knows more
> about ./configure than me should make sure this works and check it in.

Looks fine to me and it passes make distcheck. So I checked in in as:

2006-07-04  Mario Torre  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    * configure.ac: Added new option --enable-default-preferences-peer
    to pass user specified default preference backend.
    If the GConf peer is built, GConf become the default backend.
    * resource/META-INF/services/java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory.in:
    new file.
    * lib/Makefile.am: excludes files terminating in 'in' from
    the metafiles list.
    * lib/copy-vmresources.sh.in: excludes files terminating in 'in'
    from copy into META-INF.
    * java/util/prefs/Preferences.java: added two new import
    classes gnu.classpath.ServiceFactory and java.util.Iterator.
    (getFactory): Now try to check for
    a system defined default preference backend before to fall back on
    FileBasedPreference.

Thanks Mario, very nice work!

Cheers,

Mark