Hi all,

I'm currently using a JVM (Mysaifu JVM J2SE-compliant for windows mobile pocketpc) which is partly built upon classpath. I have to deal with some stuff around DOM/XML, and now I have some troubles concerning the libxmlj native implementation of GNU JAXP.

AFAIK, the libxmlj native library is always loaded whatever the
chosen implementation! (see my comments below). And, I don't have any "xmlj" shared library file...

So, as I want to use DOM/XML in classpath, I'd like to have your comments/feedbacks about:

- Is the use of libxmlj mandatory? (according to my comments below, seems to be yes) => if yes, is it possible to build from classpath sources a "xmlj.dll" shared library for windows? how?
Have anybody succeeded in using libxmlj with classpath?
=> If no, have anybody, dealed with DOM/XML in classpath without libxmlj? how?

Regards,
Hervé

==========
Comments:

The problem seems to be that despite GNU JAXP accepts 2 different implementations of javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory (gnu.xml.dom.DomDocumentBuilderFactory and gnu.xml.libxmlj.dom.GnomeDocumentBuilderFactory see http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/ )
the libxmlj native library is always loaded!

AFAIU, The DOM Boostrapping fallback class gnu.xml.dom.ImplementationSource
loads gnu.xml.libxmlj.dom.GnomeDocumentBuilder which contains the following static code:
static
  {
    XMLJ.init(); //calls ... System.loadLibrary ("xmlj");
  }

IMO, it clearly imposes a strong dependency on libxmlj,
as soon as someone deals with xml stuff whatever the chosen implementation...
Is that right?