Alexander> Is there a small tutorial on how to bootstrap GNU classpath
Alexander> on Fedora Core 5?

Not exactly, I'm afraid.  In particular I don't think we document what
devel packages you need.  For general info there is the INSTALL file,
and some stuff on the wiki.

http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathFirstSteps

Mostly it is a matter of figuring out what devel packages you need.
Once you've got those you should be in good shape.  Currently I'm
using an ordinary FC5 install on my main development machine, and I do
builds every day, so I'm confident it can be done :-)

Alexander> 4. ./configure --prefix=/home/ash/GNUCP --with-jikes
--disable-gtk-peer

IMO better to use ecj instead of jikes.

Alexander> Another thing - which package provides the dependencies for
Alexander> gtk-peer?

gtk2-devel

Alexander> gcjwebplugin.cc:47:19: error: npapi.h: No such file or directory

yum install mozilla-devel

Tom