Thanh NGUYEN wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to use Felix with JamVM and GNU Classpath 0.91. I have built
all with succes. But when I tried to launch Felix, I got some errors
like :

ERROR: Error starting
file:bundle/org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-0.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error.)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unknown protocol: http
   at
org.apache.felix.framework.URLHandlersStreamHandlerProxy.parseURL(URLHandlersStreamHandlerProxy.java:135)
   at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:480)
   at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:325)
   at
org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.RepositoryAdminImpl.<init>(RepositoryAdminImpl.java:73)
   at
org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.Activator.start(Activator.java:35)
   at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:509)
   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1260)
   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1201)
   at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:807)
   at
org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:256)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:710)

It seems that the java.net.URL constructor does not support the http
protocol.
Does anybody get the same issue or have any idea about it please ?

It looks like your program is installing its own handler. I suspect the problem is near the code in the first level of the stack trace (URLHandlersStreamHandlerProxy.java:135).

That is not to say that there are not problems with java.net.URL, but I have used the built-in http protocol handlers with no problems.

David Daney