Hi,

We seem to be doing pretty well on regression with respect to 0.92. Here
is the current list. It would be good to get this list down a bit before
we branch for 0.93. The number of new passes has gone up a lot. So it
looks like 0.93 will be a much better release than 0.92.

- gnu.javax.swing.text.html.parser.support.Parser.Text
- gnu.javax.swing.text.html.parser.support.Parser.textPreProcessor_Test

Both fail with subtle differences in the result of what gets parsed. is
this caused by the changes on how to handle whitespace?

- java.awt.datatransfer.Clipboard.clipboardFlavors
- java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor.flavor

Failures are in cases where the representation class is one of the
standard classes like java.io.InputStream. I'll look into this.

- java.awt.Frame.isDisplayable2

This might be a non-deterministic test. But it seems these two checks
are regularly failing:
  FAIL:  line 59: after showing dialog [1] -- boolean passed to check
was false
  FAIL:  line 61: after showing dialog [3] -- got false but expected
true

- java.awt.image.IndexColorModel.getAlpha
Fails with the following stacktrace:
   at java.awt.image.IndexColorModel.getAlpha(IndexColorModel.java:585)
   at gnu.testlet.java.awt.image.IndexColorModel.getAlpha.test(getAlpha.java:76)
   at RunnerProcess.runtest(RunnerProcess.java:360)
   at RunnerProcess.runAndReport(RunnerProcess.java:415)
   at RunnerProcess.main(RunnerProcess.java:227)

- java.awt.List.ScrollbarPaintTest

PaintTests can sometimes be undeterministic, but this one seems to fail
not deterministically with:
  FAIL:  line 75:  [2] -- boolean passed to check was false

- java.net.ServerSocket.AcceptTimeout

This one fails undeterministifcally with either:
  FAIL:  line 44:  [1] -- got 200 but expected 0
Or the following stacktrace:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
   at gnu.java.net.VMPlainSocketImpl.bind(Native Method)
   at gnu.java.net.VMPlainSocketImpl.bind(VMPlainSocketImpl.java:302)
   at gnu.java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:306)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:254)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:159)
   at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:141)
   at
gnu.testlet.java.net.ServerSocket.AcceptTimeout.test(AcceptTimeout.java:41)
I suspect the second is caused by the later.

- java.sql.Timestamp.TimestampTest
- java.text.MessageFormat.format
- java.text.MessageFormat.parse
- java.text.NumberFormat.UK
- locales.LocaleTest

These all seem to be caused by the last Decimal/NumberFormat patch. We
get a couple of new passes back for it, but it would be good to
investigate these failures.

- javax.swing.JSpinner.DefaultEditor.propertyChange
- javax.swing.JSpinner.DefaultEditor.stateChanged

Similar. Both have checks fail like:
  FAIL:  line 49: (PropertyChangeEvent) [3] -- got 88.0 but expected 88
  FAIL:  line 46: (ChangeEvent) [3] -- got 99.0 but expected 99

- java.util.Vector.AcuniaVectorTest

Fails because it expects a NullPointerException on a v.removeAll(null)
and v.retainAll(null), where the Vector v is empty. This seems a little
pedantic, but might be right.

- javax.swing.border.TitledBorder.getBorderInsets

All results seem slightly off with this test.

- javax.swing.JToolTip.setTipText

Has one new check failure:
  FAIL:  line 53:  [2] -- got 2 but expected 1

- javax.swing.text.StringContent.createPosition
- javax.swing.text.StringContent.getChars

Not investigated yet.

Anybody with some more insight into these regressions please do mail to
the list. In general we seem to be doing really well compared to 0.92.

Cheers,

Mark