Hi,

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 21:11 -0200, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
>       I have a curiosity, because configure says:
>
> configure: error: cannot find javac, try --with-ecj or --with-gcjx
>
>       when the user doesn't have ecj. Does this mean that we can use
> javac instead of ecj?

Maybe. It might be possible. You could try going into the lib directory
and try by hand, or try configuring with --with-gcjx=/path/to/javac

Sun recently released javac under the GPL and there has been some work
to support it. But that isn't finished yet. Hopefully for the next
release. See also http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/index.php?p=172

Cheers,

Mark