On 11/05/2008, Ian Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I think it's about time we started to consider another (major)
> > release.  My personal wishlist of things to finish for this release
> > is:
> >
> > * java.util.regex 1.6 support
> > * java.util.Scanner import (dependent on the above)
> > * import of javax.activation
> >
> > Another possibility is to also import gjdoc; our options there are:
> >
> > * Add GJDoc for 0.98
> > * Add GJDoc post-release (ending up in 0.99)
> > * Don't add it at all
> >
> > It would obviously be an optional build.
> >
> > Does anyone have any other suggestions for things that should make this
> release?
> > Please highlight any regressions you know of as well.  PR36199 that
> > twisti just filed seems like it should be fixed, for example.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

>  It'd be great if SPEC jvm 2008 were known to run. There are issues on Cacao
> and Jikes RVM related to Classpath.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Ian

This would be helped if the bugs were narrowed down and filed as
Classpath bugs against current CVS, rather than being largely
unhelpful stack traces against Classpath 0.97 that are difficult to
reproduce.  There are few people actively working on GNU Classpath
today so any help to reduce the leg work required to fix bugs is much
appreciated.

Reading the RVM bug, the two issues confused me.  The Class issue
seems JikesRVM specific and indeed, Classpath has been compiling javac
since it was Freed in 2006.  In fact, I'm not sure this wasn't also
fixed in a recent rvm commit; it doesn't appear in the JAPI run.  The
XML issue I thought was also seen before, but it may just be very
similar to another.  It's definitely worth filing that on Classpath as
I doubt Chris, who wrote the JAXP packages, will be monitoring RVM
issues.

Thanks,
--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8