I had missed to notice this in ellis heat log. I think this is the culprit.

+ sudo
/usr/share/clearwater/clearwater-config-manager/scripts/upload_shared_config
sudo:
/usr/share/clearwater/clearwater-config-manager/scripts/upload_shared_config:
command not found

Anyway, I did below to upload shared_config. Commands seem to have changed with
latest release.

[ellis]ubuntu@ellis-0:/var/log$ cw-config download shared_config
shared_config downloaded to
/home/ubuntu/clearwater-config-manager/ubuntu/shared_config

File was same as ellis shared_config file.  I had to modify it with a dummy
change of putting dots in a comment line as upload command was detecting no
change.

[ellis]ubuntu@ellis-0:/var/log$ cw-config upload shared_config
Config successfully validated
Configuration file change: user ubuntu has modified shared_config.
Lines removed:
"# Deployment definitions"
Lines added:
"# Deployment definitions.."

Please check the config changes and confirm that you wish to continue with the
config upload.
Do you want to continue?  [yes/no] yes
shared_config successfully uploaded

[ellis]ubuntu@ellis-0:/var/log$ cw-check_restart_queue_state
Describing the current queue state for apply_config_ellis
  Nodes currently queued:
    Node ID: 10.0.0.14-ellis, Node status: processing

[ellis]ubuntu@ellis-0:/var/log$ cw-check_restart_queue_state
Describing the current queue state for apply_config_ellis
  No nodes are currently queued

[sprout]ubuntu@0:~$ cw-check_restart_queue_state
Describing the current queue state for apply_config_sprout
  No nodes are currently queued

After this, if I download shared_config on sprout, I get the 'empty' file only
in /home/ubuntu/clearwater-config-manager/ubuntu directory. So clearly sprout
is not receiving the shared_config from cluster. Same is the case with bono,
homestead etc.