Pushpendra,

Richard

From: Kumar, Pushpendra [mailto:pushpendra.ku...@intel.com]
Sent: 01 March 2018 10:34
To: Richard Whitehouse (projectclearwater.org)
<richard.whiteho...@projectclearwater.org>
Subject: RE: Problems in manual installation of clearwater

Thanks Richards for replying,

1.       Yes, I have installed the ellis from root only. (while installing
Ubuntu VM I have given hostname as Ellis, username as ellis) Should hostname
Ellis is fine or I give different name, I will change the username to
clearwater or Ubuntu(should every node have different username or username can
be same).

[Richard] It's fine for the hostname. We'd normally name the box "ellis-1", but
if you only plan on having one node, just using ellis should be fine for a
hostname.

The username can be the same on every node.

2.       Yes, I have selected the openSSH server and DNS server at the time of
installing VM. So I have to create VM again from scratch :). Is bind9 necessary
to uninstall?

[Richard] Yes, otherwise dnsmasq won't be correctly configured.

3.       Can I use any home_domain (like example.com or anything or only that
<zone> in which I am installing the deployment)

[Richard] You need to use a DNS zone for which you can configure DNS records
in. So long as you can do that, you can use anything.

4.       As I follow manual document, after editing and uploading shared_config
file they move on to logon to ellis. Is there any other steps before move on to
log on to ellis (DNS configuration etc).

[Richard] You need to configure DNS records before logging into Ellis will work
- it needs the DNS records set up .

5.       One more thing, should I use NAT or Bridge adapter in network setting
in virtualbox as NAT will private IP only and Bridge adapter will give public
IP. Is port forwarding need to do in bridge adapter also?

[Richard] If your IT networking allows the Bridge adapter to work, then that's
probably the easier way to go. (In Bridge adapter mode, your PC will act as a
network switch, and the MAC addresses from the virtual machines will be visible
to your network).

So I have to installed all the VM again or can I modifies existing one.

Thanks,
Pushpendra