Just want to remind everyone that it will take more than voter registration to change the U.S. regime. The voting machines are run by politicos in more states than Florida. But the real necessity is to EDUCATE the American citizenry that they don't get any real information as to what's going on in the government from the media until it's too late, if then. To education how this democracy was supposed to work before the robber barons of all generations started systematically removing the rights of citizens and funneling enormous profits into their pockets so they could continue buying influence in Washington, then writing the legislation to save their purchased legislators the trouble.

Read Thom Hartmann's "Unequal Protection." Read Arianna Huffington's "Pigs at the Trough."

At 10:16 AM 3/24/2003 -0500, Paula Kampf wrote: >As our many "moving forward" plans continue to evolve, I wonder if we >should consider offering the opportunity to register to vote to people >who are showing up for peace vigils, rallies, etc."

It seems an easy assumption to believe that people who care enough to
show up at a rally would also care enough to register and vote, but there
may well be people present who have NOT found themselves invested until
now. This might be an opportune time to get them "on board" and help
widen their vision of involvement in peaceful movements as a long-term
goal beyond the events of these weeks.

Additionally, I doubt that it could hurt to be a visible REMINDER to
everyone who IS registered that we WILL have the opportunity to "change
the regime" here each time we head to the polls (Floridians, perhaps,
excluded :).)

Peace,
Paula

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Welcome to the Cleveland Non-Violence List Serve.
Visit our web-site at www.clevelandnv.org
Please remember to post in plain text and post only the essential text (do not forward messy messages or webpages.)

The Cleveland Non-Violence Network is the listserve of activists in the Cleveland area committed to a non-violent, justice-based response to terrorism and promoting peace nationally and internationally.

To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If friends want to subscribe, tell them to send an e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To read this list on the web, please visit:
    http://www.topica.com/lists/ClevelandNV

Wendy  Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
List Moderator

Welcome to the Cleveland Non-Violence List Serve. Visit our web-site at www.clevelandnv.org
Please remember to post in plain text and post only the essential text (do not forward messy messages or webpages.)

The Cleveland Non-Violence Network is the listserve of activists in the Cleveland area committed to a non-violent, justice-based response to terrorism and promoting peace nationally and internationally.

To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If friends want to subscribe, tell them to send an e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To read this list on the web, please visit:
   http://www.topica.com/lists/ClevelandNV

Wendy  Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
List Moderator