But we have to decide what to do here.  Either 1) the hosts aren't
being torn down (and we need to), or 2) we need to avoid 'test
creating' the hosts at initial startup.  The gs (global server_rec)
pointer is volatile upon subsequent config phases.

I've had a good look at the code and tested some minor changes. But I've a question: In the method 'asp_net_pre_config' we are making sure that global conf is persistent. If the global conf is persistent consequently all hosts in conf->hosts should be created (and thus have ASP.NET configured) exactly once. I ask this because you mentioned the test creating by the way Apache functions, I don't see in which phase the testcreating takes place.

A related question is wether or not the data set by apr_pool_userdata_setn holds during the two passes of configurating Apache as was mentioned before ?

Thanks for the tips so far, still looking to crush this bug :)

Yussef

Hotmail en Messenger on the move http://www.msn.nl/communicatie/smsdiensten/hotmailsmsv2/