I am please to "announce" that mod_aspdotnet has been successfully
ported to version 2.0 of the .NET Framework. This is essentially trunk
with (a vast number of) syntax changes in Apache.Web to make it compile
with VC8. My statement of "success" basically means it can run trivial
ASP.NET 2.0 applications and a reasonably sized ASP.NET 1.1 application
(Windows Server Update Services) without any noticeable problems. I have
arbitrarily assigned the build number 2005 to this port.

Because of the fact that Managed Extensions for C++ was replaced with
C++/CLI in VC8, numerous syntactical changes were made to the code,
which basically means it requires testing. The major version change in
the .NET Framework also causes the AspNetVersion directive to stop
working (you can try, but it will fail miserably), although I am not
fully sure the version change is the root of the problem. Please keep
in mind that I cannot program in C/C++ myself, but I understand enough
to allow me to port the syntax over to the new C++/CLI style.

Please note this may or may not compile with Visual C++ 2005 Express, as
I do not know its exact capabilities or what is required for Apache.Web
and mod_aspdotnet to compile.

Unfortunately, since 1) I'm not a committer (and never will be),
2) this is a sizeable code change, and 3) I have nowhere to post the
source/binaries to, this is basically just a statement of existence.
Would anyone be interested in having a look? I would be more than happy
to somehow get the source/binaries across to interested parties. As with
code changes of this magnitude, it should be strictly taken as pre-alpha
code, although it just happens to work like production code. ;-)

-- James Park (pencil_ethics)