Hello all,

I have encountered an interesting feature that I can't find a solution to, so I
am interested to learn whether it is a known issue or something I am missing.

I have a series of pages that for various reasons use Cookieless Session States
using the following settings in the Web.Config :

    <sessionState
            mode="InProc"
            stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
            sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
            cookieless="true"
            timeout="20"
    />

This means that the session key is not retrieved from a cookie on the client,
but it is passed to the web server using the URL.  For example, a request to :

http://server/page1.htm

Becomes:

http://server/(la3i5ria4gakpe45z13hh055)/page1.htm

When I attempt to use this with the asp net module apache fires back a page not
found error, after looking at the logs it seems that Apache is attempting to
located the file using the session key as part of the path.  For example, this
came from my Apache error.log

[Fri Dec 03 14:58:38 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/htdocs/aspnettest/(e1dufuizdrvrvl55z4w2yb45)

If I set the Web.Config to use cookieless="false" in the section mentioned
above the page is served correctly.

Regards
Manuel Reyes
Systems Integration Department
Egton Medical Information Systems Ltd
Tel: 0113 3803547
www.emis-online.com
www.patient.co.uk
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the original addressee indicated in this message (or responsible
for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
message to anyone. In such case, please delete this message, and notify us
immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this
message are not given or endorsed by EMIS nor can I conclude contracts on its
behalf unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independently
of this message.

EMIS reserves the right to monitor, intercept and (where appropriate) read all
incoming and outgoing communications. By replying to this message and where
necessary you are taken as being aware of and giving consent to such
monitoring, interception and reading.

EMIS is a trading name of Egton Medical Information Systems Limited. Registered
in England. No 2117205. Registered Office: Park House Mews, 77 Back Lane, Off
Broadway, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 4RF