At 05:02 PM 2/2/2005, Luis Fco wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have an asp.net application that runs ok, all the pages except one. In this
>page the users can enter a search criteria and the same page in the postback
>returns the results. Sometimes the page works ok, for example serach for
>"john" returns the results ok. But sometimes when the user click Search, with
>the same search criteria (I'am sure that the app is ok, because it runs
>smoothly on IIS), and the page is posted to the server, the server does not
>responds, and a "The page cannot be displayed" error, after waiting very logn
>time (5minuntes +). After this, no other aspx page can be accesed, with the
>same error. HTML file handled by Apache are are returned. So I must restart
>Apache (and an error is reaised here), sometimes twice.
>
>I dont kwon very much about Apache. I'am a developer.
>
>Since I cannot debug it results very difucult for me to identify where and
>what the error is.

In your apache root directory is a logs subdirectory, look for
any interesting entries in the error.log file (using notepad
or whatnot) and post those entries here.

You can change the ErrorLog line in your conf\httpd.conf file
to 'ErrorLog Debug' to collect even more detailed information.

If you work out the timing right, it would be interesting to
see the last 'successful' result, followed by the failure.

Bill