On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:52:05 GMT, Damon Nguyen <dngu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I am not sure if this is correct approach... Have you seen any macos
> documentation citing combobox height should not increase even if font size
> change? That might be problematic for say, accessibility usecase, for slight
> visually impaired more hearing impaired, where we need to draw them big,
> right?

Through Phil, Apple has confirmed that the height of the JComboBox should be
fixed. The reason being that the UI was designed around a control font size,
and other UI such as button backgrounds and other related elements also have
fixed height. The UI's height being resizable is possible, but is not intended
for Aqua.

So I believe this fix aligns with that philosophy and is an OK way of resolving
the discrepancy between editable & non-editable JComboBoxes in Aqua L&F.

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9473