On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 11:58:58 GMT, Magnus Ihse Bursie <i...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Properties files is essentially source code. It should have the same
> whitespace checks as all other source code, so we don't get spurious trailing
> whitespace changes.
>
> With the new Skara jcheck, it is possible to increase the coverage of the
> whitespace checks (in the old mercurial version, this was more or less
> impossible).
>
> The only manual change is to `.jcheck/conf`. All other changes were made by
> running `find . -type f -iname "*.properties" | xargs gsed -i -e 's/[

I would vote against this change.  Per java properties spec
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/10792

White space following the property value is not ignored, and is treated as part
of the property value.

This change might break localization or messages where trailing whitespace is
important (example: "Label: ")

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/10792