> A11Y implementation on macOS has to directly call the
> 'JList.setSelectedIndex' method in order to request selection on an item (see
> 'CAccessibility.requestSelection'). The reason is that a11y API lacks
> appropriate method.There's only
> 'javax.accessibility.AccessibleSelection#addAccessibleSelection' which is
> mapped to 'javax.swing.JList#addSelectionInterval', it can not be used to set
> selected index.
>
> @forantar @azuev-java @mrserb please review.
>
> Please note that the new API allows you to implement a multiple selection in
> lists from the Java side, but I did not succeed in implementing it, because I
> could not determine the inclusion of the so-called "VoiceOver multiple
> selection mode".

Artem Semenov has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains four additional
commits since the last revision:

 - We are trying not to use wildcard imports - probably automatic optimization
of the IDE did it? I am always turning it off or set margin so high it is not
triggered on anything with less then 200 individual package imports.
 - We don't do @author tags in openjdk
   Not 2022 ?
 - [whitespace fix
 -         8271846 a11y API lacks setSelectedIndex method

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/8578/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/8578/files/4a9bc8e4..ff825131

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=8578&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=8578&range=01-02

  Stats: 907222 lines in 10815 files changed: 520037 ins; 279652 del; 107533 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk pull/8578/head:pull/8578

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/8578