On Thu, 1 Dec 2022 19:38:44 GMT, Nikita Gubarkov <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> It was implemented in JetBrains Runtime a year ago and was ported &
>> refactored for this PR
>> It includes:
>> - Bitmap glyph loading via Freetype
>> - Manual scaling & transformation of bitmap glyphs with nearest-neighbor or
>> bilinear-mipmap style algorithms depending on the text antialiasing hint
>> - Storing BGRA glyphs in glyph cache & rendering them as plain images, as
>> currently used XRender text drawing functions doesn't support colored glyphs
>> - Small fixes in related code like null-checks which could cause NPE &
>> comment typos
>
> Nikita Gubarkov has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Fix pointer to jlong conversion on x86

Gosh these tests were OK last time ran them, maybe broke with master merging or
something. Unfortunately I'll only have time to look at this next year, will
let you know what I find.
If you gonna run the tests manually (and assuming there's no regression), it
should work without any special configuration on any sane Windows & macOS. As
for Linux, I tested this on a desktop Ubuntu 20.04-22.04, but note that minimal
installation doesn't include `Noto Color Emoji`.

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/4798