On Wed, 4 Jan 2023 12:44:39 GMT, Daniel Jeliński <djelin...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Please review this patch that fixes and re-enables a few warnings in libawt
> compilation.
>
> Verified that debug and release builds finish successfully on Win, Mac and
> Linux. Also verified that client libs tests still pass.

In case it helps with the review, most of the fixes do not change the behavior,
but make the compiler happy:
- the changes to SAFE_TO_ALLOC: assuming that no negative values are passed to
the macros, the end result will be the same (modulo that the SAFE_TO_ALLOC
macros should probably use `>=` instead of `>`)
- adding `inline` to `static`: `inline` is a C11 thing, and is generally
ignored by the compiler, but `static inline` functions may be unused and plain
`static` trigger a warning when unused
- removed a few unused functions, moved `DTrace_PrintStdErr` into `#ifdef DEBUG`
- replaced `double` functions with `float` where the argument was a `float` and
the result was stored in a `float`
- fixed the type of `PFNISTHEMEBACKGROUNDPARTIALLYTRANSPARENT` (this was only
reported as a warning when compiler was run with `-analyze` parameter) (given
that we dropped support for Win7 and older, can we link to uxtheme instead of
checking for function availability?)
- removed `extern` on `DMemStatePtr` definition; it is still present on the
declaration in header file, and definitions should not be `extern`

The following fixes may change behavior:
- changed `DMem_DumpHeader` to use snprintf, adjusted the buffer size to use
what gcc suggested (may avoid crashing on long input)
- fixed error handling in `D3DBlitTextureToSurface` (`d3dc->SetTexture`
failures were ignored) (warning only reported with `-analyze`)

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/11841