On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:08:56 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aiva...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Add both null check
>
> test/jdk/javax/swing/JFileChooser/JFileChooserFontReset.java line 70:
>
>> 68:                     System.out.println("current font " + curFont);
>> 69:                     if ((curFont != null && !curFont.equals(origFont)) ||
>> 70:                         (origFont != null && !origFont.equals(curFont)))
>> {
>
> The newly added condition is redundant because `origFont.equals(curFont) ==
> curFont.equals(origFont)`. (It's possible `equals` returns different values
> but it violates its contract then.)

I dont think it's redundant..There's a || check in between

If `curFont `is not null and `origFont `is null, then 1st condition `curFont !=
null && !curFont.equals(origFont)` is satisfied and it will throw exception

If `origFont `is not null and `curFont `is null, then 1st condition `curFont !=
null && !curFont.equals(origFont)` is not satisfied and 2nd condition `origFont
!= null && !origFont.equals(curFont)` is satisfied and it will throw exception.
If we remove origFont.equals(curFont) check, it will not check the fix..

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12180