On Fri, 3 Mar 2023 08:07:12 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> I guess we could remove the int version of the method (which anyways is
> deprecated) and cleanup Swing interop code to just utilise the double
> version, as all platforms we support uses floating scale, but that cleanup
> can be done separately for another day

Definitely for a later day (not 21). I think that the int version of the method
could be removed from jdk.unsupported.desktop without problems, since the
JavaFX Swing interop code uses reflection to find either the double version
(preferred) or the int version. This would need to be tested with older
versions of JavaFX (particularly, JavaFX 11 and 17), but I expect it would work.

Changing the JavaFX Swing interop code to only use the double version can't be
done until even later, since the current minimum is JDK 17, which doesn't have
the double version. Until we bump the minimum version of Java needed to run
JavaFX to JDK 21 (which will be no earlier than JavaFX 23), we need to look for
both methods as is currently done.

This cleanup is probably not worth the effort.

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12848