On Tue, 30 May 2023 18:41:38 GMT, Alisen Chung <ach...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> added displayChanged call to CPlatformWindow when frame first needs to
> deiconify or unmaximize
> All client tests passed after change

Changes requested by dmarkov (Reviewer).

src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/sun/lwawt/macosx/CPlatformWindow.java line 989:

> 987:                     // the zoom call toggles between the normal and the
> max states
> 988:                     unmaximize();
> 989:                     peer.displayChanged();

Why do you call `peer.displayChanged()` only when the previous windows state is
`MAXIMIZED_BOTH`? What happens if the previous windows state is `NORMAL`?

src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/sun/lwawt/macosx/CPlatformWindow.java line 997:

> 995:                     // let's return into the normal states first
> 996:                     execute(CWrapper.NSWindow::deminiaturize);
> 997:                     peer.displayChanged();

Same as above. What happens if we move from `NORMAL` to `MAXIMIZED_BOTH`?

Shall we call `peer.displayChanged()` when a frame is moved to `NORMAL` state?
I know that cases are not covered by the test but it seems the issue takes
place there. Can you investigate, please?

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14226#pullrequestreview-1451769898
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14226#discussion_r1210794283
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14226#discussion_r1210794376