On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 17:43:02 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand the logic here. I would not want to move to using
> Java typedefs in places where the windows APIs specify the types they are
> expecting. If something comes in from a JNI down-call we should convert it to
> the type expected by Windows using the name expected by Windows.

I can change the jints in this PR to regular ints if required. As listed above,
the native Windows API routines that the java.desktop code calls are actually
expecting ints, so our existing declarations of passing longs to them are also
wrong regardless, even without the Java typedefs

Actually, now that I revisit this issue (shown in the list above), the only
actual calls in this change that _don't_ take Java typedefs are the calls to
::Arc and ::Pie, so this is less of a problem than initially expected

> Also "compilation" isn't nearly good enough. How is this being tested?

`-permissive-`

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14125#issuecomment-1573611091