On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 12:37:23 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aiva...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is weird. I expect the accessibility API is called on the JComboBox in
> both cases where it's editable or not. Could this be a bug? Should we fix it
> in a different way?

AFAIK, I don't think that it is a bug because the arrow button in Aqua LAF is
an instance of AquaComboBoxButton. So, native side invoked a11y API based on
component. Similarly, For non-editable JComboBox, editor is an instance of
JTextField and a11y API invoked on NavigableTextAccessibility.

I think this may be a solution to handle custom as well as default renderer.

One of the CI test failed with this fix. Looking into it, will update it
accordingly.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14497#discussion_r1253083125