On Tue, 11 Jul 2023 18:13:05 GMT, Harshitha Onkar <[email protected]> wrote:

>> src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/awt/CRobot.m line 135:
>> 
>>> 133:             if ((initFlags & kCGEventFlagMaskSecondaryFn) != 0) {
>>> 134:                 initFlags ^= kCGEventFlagMaskSecondaryFn;
>>> 135:             }
>> 
>> Can you please double check how the lines below affected the usecase you 
>> fix, especially:
>>> CGEnableEventStateCombining - Pass true to specify that the actual key and 
>>> mouse state are merged with the application-specified state in a synthetic 
>>> event; otherwise, pass false.
>
> @mrserb I checked by changing `CGEnableEventStateCombining()` to `false` with 
> the updated code and it didn't  make any difference. Works the same when I 
> test it with the reproducer. I will check again to see if there is any 
> difference in the final flag bits that is used to post the event.
> 
> Did you also mean trying out different options available for the following 
> lines with the original code intact?
> 
> 
> // Let our event's modifier key state blend with local hardware events
> CGEnableEventStateCombining(TRUE);
> 
> // Don't let our events block local hardware events
> CGSetLocalEventsFilterDuringSupressionState(
>                             kCGEventFilterMaskPermitAllEvents,
>                             kCGEventSupressionStateSupressionInterval);
> 
> CGSetLocalEventsFilterDuringSupressionState(
>                             kCGEventFilterMaskPermitAllEvents,
>                             kCGEventSupressionStateRemoteMouseDrag);
> 
> 
>  Apple documentation about [CGEnableEventStateCombining(boolean 
> doCombineState)](https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coregraphics/1541787-cgenableeventstatecombining?language=objc)
>  it states:
> 
> _When called with doCombineState equal to false, this function initializes 
> local (per application) state tracking information to a state of all keys, 
> modifiers, and mouse buttons up. When called with doCombineState equal to 
> true, the current global state of keys, modifiers, and mouse buttons are used 
> in generating events._
> 
> So I think CGEnableEventStateCombining should be set to TRUE as it is 
> configured now ?

I just interested how this change might affect that props.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14744#discussion_r1265862090

Reply via email to