On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 17:34:54 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> With the latest change, it behaves as expected on the primary retina screen.
>
> However, something is wrong if I put it on the secondary monitor right after
> the launch: I am still getting inconsistent behavior, incorrect button
> location, and visual artifacts.
>
> For example, one time there is no button after the first click. The button
> appears when I resize the window.
>
> Another time, the button is in the corner again and some visual artifacts are
> present (see the screenshots below).
>
> Perhaps we need to update the scale somewhere?

I am not able to reproduce these issues (apart from JDK-8298796) in windows
primary and secondary monitor (primary 1.25 1920x1080, secondary 1.0 1920x1080,
doesn't have FX setup in mac to test ...Also, I dont see how window can be
painted red as the test doesn't do that so how did you get RED background)

I think you are seeing the scale issue what you already mentioned in here
https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/1171#issuecomment-1664410463
and Kevin mentioned
https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/1171#issuecomment-1667808162 and
https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/1171#pullrequestreview-1567558748
so I guess it's an existing issue in mac and not something that this fix has
caused and since you confirmed this works on primary screen, can we push this
and you can raise a macos FX bug regarding scale not being propagated to window
(which might require change in non swing-interop FX code)

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15960#issuecomment-1752394375