On Wed, 16 Aug 2023 23:46:09 GMT, Harshitha Onkar <hon...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Oh, I didn't notice that `setAutoWaitForIdle()` was not used the first time.
> I have changed it. I think adding a small amount of delay after
> `makeToolbarFloat()` is good in addition to `setAutoWaitForIdle()` to
> stabilize the test on slower systems.

I think this was a bad decision: now the test **never** calls `waitForIdle()`.
But it should do it… for stability… after it takes any action.

This test does not use `Robot` to send any events, but
`robot.setAutoWaitForIdle(true)` affects only *mouse and keyboard events*:
[`Robot.autoWaitForIdle()`](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/6fc35142315f1616fa35e415005c9483939c6920/src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/Robot.java#L688)
 is called from `afterEvent`, just like `autoDelay`:

https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/6fc35142315f1616fa35e415005c9483939c6920/src/java.desktop/share/classes/java/awt/Robot.java#L662-L665

I submitted [JDK-8318423](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8318423): Add
explicit robot.waitForIdle to JToolBar/4529206/bug4529206.java

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15316#discussion_r1363726279