On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 06:56:16 GMT, Daniel Jeliński <djelin...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The removed functions are empty on all platforms.
>
> This patch also removes calls to `Toolkit.loadLibraries();` in classes that
> no longer have any native methods. The call was needed to ensure that the
> native awt library is loaded.
>
> Client libs tests passed.

Marked as reviewed by prr (Reviewer).

So this looks OK. The main thing I would worry about is that there isn't some
code path which needs
the call to Toolkit.loadLibraries(), wasn't doing it itself, and gets by only
because the libraries were loaded
by one of these calls being removed.

It is difficult to prove there is no such case. Tests may not be 100% coverage
of all code paths.
Of course in such a case it is really a bug in that other code path, so if it
shows up the fix would
likely be there rather than reverting some part of this change.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16372#pullrequestreview-1700500301
PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16372#issuecomment-1781769779