On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:40:57 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Abhishek Kumar has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Review comment fix
>
> test/jdk/com/sun/java/swing/plaf/gtk/TestFileChooserSingleDirectorySelection.java
>  line 46:
>
>> 44:  * @run main TestFileChooserSingleDirectorySelection
>> 45:  */
>> 46:
>
> I don't know why it was necessary to move all around all the above lines.
> And whilst import java.io sorts after java.awt, it is long standing
> convention that the "core"
> packages (easily distinguished these days as those in the java.base module)
> are listed before the desktop / AWT / Swing ones. This is true of product
> source as well as tests.
> So you should just undo all of the above except for adding the new bug id.

Updated.

> test/jdk/com/sun/java/swing/plaf/gtk/TestFileChooserSingleDirectorySelection.java
>  line 66:
>
>> 64:             // create test directory
>> 65:             String tmpDir = System.getProperty("user.home");
>> 66:
>
> Does this test HAVE to use the home dir to create the temporary folders and
> files ?
> Is there some reason some part of the test absolutely requires the home
> directory ?
> It isn't obvious to me.
> Why can't you instead use  System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir");

There is no need to have the `home dir` to create the temporary folders and
files. Since I was testing in my local mahine to create temp folders in home
directory, I kept it as it is.

Changed `home dir` to `java.io.tmpdir` for creating temporary folders and files.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16674#discussion_r1395158783
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16674#discussion_r1395160301