On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:34:32 GMT, Laurent Bourgès <lbour...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> - new executor modes (buffer & volatile)
> - support parallel rendering on several frames and / or screens
> - added robot calibration + optionally use rounded duration to min frame
> latency (120Hz)
> - give more statistics in verbose (-v)
> - added new command-line arguments
> - added version + help information

test/jdk/performance/client/RenderPerfTest/src/renderperf/RenderPerfTest.java
line 204:

> 202:                     enabled ?
> RenderingHints.VALUE_TEXT_ANTIALIAS_LCD_HRGB
> 203:                             :
> RenderingHints.VALUE_TEXT_ANTIALIAS_DEFAULT);
> 204:         }

Although it makes no practical difference, I am wondering why in this case,
enabled==false sets "DEFAULT" and in the case above it sets "OFF" ?

test/jdk/performance/client/RenderPerfTest/src/renderperf/RenderPerfTest.java
line 460:

> 458:             if (id % 100 != 0) return;
> 459:             if (font == null) {
> 460:                 font = new Font("LucidaGrande", Font.PLAIN, 32);

I see this is pre-existing, but we should change this.
That's a font available only on macOS. You should either look up a font to use
on the system at run time,
or use a logical font.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17408#discussion_r1454084838
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17408#discussion_r1454088478