On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:53:17 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Conversion of manual applet test to main based using PassFailJFrame manual
>> framework
>
> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   typo

Changes requested by aivanov (Reviewer).

test/jdk/javax/swing/JFileChooser/6798062/bug6798062.java line 1:

> 1: /*

Likely, all the catch blocks which simply print stack traces should propagate
the exception or rather in addition to printing the stack trace call
`PassFailJFrame.forceFail` with a corresponding message.

The `fail` method of the test should also call `PassFailJFrame.forceFail` to
fail the test.

test/jdk/javax/swing/JFileChooser/6798062/bug6798062.java line 78:

> 76:
> 77:     public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
> 78:          PassFailJFrame passFailJFrame = new PassFailJFrame.Builder()

Please use the `builder` helper method instead of `new`.

test/jdk/javax/swing/JFileChooser/6798062/bug6798062.java line 86:

> 84:                 .build();
> 85:
> 86:         SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(() -> {

I suggest using the `testUI` method of the builder which accepts a lambda
expression that returns a frame. Calling the passed method reference or lambda
expression on EDT, registering the frame with `PassFailJFrame` and its
positioning is handled automatically.

test/jdk/javax/swing/JFileChooser/6798062/bug6798062.java line 107:

> 105:     }
> 106:
> 107:     private JComponent initialize() {

I suggest creating the files in the current directory instead of `temp` or
`home`. When run with jtreg, the current directory is set to `scratch` which is
automatically removed by jtreg, which ensures no files are left behind if the
test fails to clean them up for whatever reason.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18180#pullrequestreview-1928016162
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18180#discussion_r1519841469
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18180#discussion_r1519857497
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18180#discussion_r1519832650