On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 20:31:12 GMT, Phil Race <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Prasanta Sadhukhan has updated the pull request incrementally with three 
>> additional commits since the last revision:
>> 
>>  - Remove close button and close menu from JOptionPane.JInternalFrame
>>  - Remove close button and close menu from JOptionPane.JInternalFrame
>>  - Remove close button and close menu from JOptionPane.JInternalFrame
>
> src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/JOptionPane.java line 1522:
> 
>> 1520:         }
>> 1521: 
>> 1522:         // Option dialogs should be closable only
> 
> Seems like this comment is no longer accurate. I suggest to replace it with 
> something like
> // Option dialogs should not be resizable etc., and internal option dialogs 
> are closed via a UI action, not a close button on the dialog title bar.

updated comment

> src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicInternalFrameTitlePane.java
>  line 191:
> 
>> 189:     private static final String FRAME_TYPE = "JInternalFrame.frameType";
>> 190:     private static final String OPTION_DIALOG = "optionDialog";
>> 191: 
> 
> These can only be used in this class, and you are using the string literals 
> every where else, which mostly defeats the purpose of these constants.
> I note that we already have 4 occurrences of these .. so I won't ask for it 
> to change, but we ought to look into whether we need a client property 
> registry class (in sun/swing) that can hold such shared constants.

I will look into it separately..

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/32169#discussion_r4100523457
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/32169#discussion_r4100525035

Reply via email to