On Tue, 6 Oct 2026 03:10:25 GMT, Reuben Roessler <[email protected]> wrote:
>> CUPS on Unix has a [hidden option >> available](https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html#COPIES) for supporting >> collated copies. This fix enables support for this through the >> `SheetCollate.COLLATED` request attribute for the `UnixPrintJob` internal >> class. >> >> I have prepared a simple [development >> repository](https://github.com/rroessler/openjdk-collation) to confirm that >> this feature patch appends the correct option to the `lpr` command used >> internally. >> >> --------- >> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the >> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai). > > Reuben Roessler has updated the pull request incrementally with one > additional commit since the last revision: > > Enable debug output for PSPrinterJob And without this PR does printing work normally (eg: correct number of copies but without collation?) Unsure what we are looking for yet, anything in /etc/cups/ppd/... will be very printer specific. How about checking what the CUPS administration panel says in `http://localhost:631/printers/`. From the available printers, could you navigate to your AltaLink-B8145 and go to the "Set Default Options" dropdown item? That could lead us to more details we might be missing ------------- PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33023#issuecomment-6072354714
