On Sep 18, 8:51 am, noahr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Was the 'other side' (Berkely DB) in a separate process / machine? Or
> part of the same jvm?

Same JVM; I am running my Clojure application on the server and it
persists and retrieves data from Berkeley. It currently exposes an API
for a client application in JSON.

> If separate, what clojure knowledge / libraries did the other side
> have? I assume there was serialization across or else you wouldnt have
> gotten the PersistentMap error.
> And sounds like your passing the CLASS itself and not a specific
> object instance?

Right; I am not persisting "JVM" instances; but I needed to pass a
CLASS to one Berkeley DB API because I have a custom sort order
algorithm for storage (and for some reason Berkeley demanded that
instances of the class be serializable).

> > When loading the above code, I can now pass myLib.CalendarComparator
> > as class to the Berkeley API and no longer get the error that
> > PersistentMap is not serializable.
>
> Thanks, you've given me some more ideas to play with

Cool. Hope you come right.

Joubert