On Oct 3, 11:06 pm, "Matthew D. Swank" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I Googled a bit, but I was wondering if anyone here had any
> recommendations.  I am somewhat familiar with the .NET and the CLR.
> However I am pretty green on the JVM operations and semantics, and the
> various tools and platforms that make development and deployment go
> along swimmingly.

Hi Matt,
Here are some links I've recommended in the past...

The Java tutorials are an excellent starting point, especially the
"trails" on specific topics like GUIs and databases:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

And, of course, you can't get by without the core API docs:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/

If you decide you want to really learn Java, I recommend Bruce Eckel's
(free) book Thinking in Java:
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

-Stuart