On 6 Okt., 10:34, James Reeves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 6, 4:21 am, Hans Hübner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > for a project, I would like to use a Java framework that exposes a
> > very Javaesque API, with dozens of classes that need to be
> > instantiated or used and with several interfaces that one needs to
> > implement in order to be called back by the framework.
> > How do others approach this kind of problem?  Are you just ignoring
> > the functional vs. object oriented mismatch and access Java objects
> > from everywhere?  Do you use hand-written wrappers around the
> > libraries?  Tools?
>
> I don't think there's any one answer to this, as it really depends on
> the library.

Certainly so - I am not looking for all-for-one solutions, but I would
like to learn what others think about this and how they handle the
functional/object-oriented mismatch.  To me, this is a little ironic
as I have spent a good portion of my professional life writing object
wrappers around functional APIs, and now suddenly I need to do it the
other way round :)

> I've written a functional wrapper around the Java servlet
> interface, and I use a number of techniques. Which API in particular
> are you trying to convert?

The API I am working with is xlightweb, an asynchronous HTTP client/
server framework based on xSocket.  API docs are at
http://xlightweb.sourceforge.net/core/apidocs/2_1/

Thanks,
-Hans