Hi,

On 6 Nov., 13:30, Chanwoo Yoo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is {:a 1} not a hash-map? It seems that there is some inconsistency...

Clojure holds promises about the interface and the performance
characteristics of the provided functions. In general Clojure is
a lot about abstract interfaces. The underlying thing may change
as necessary to provide the best implementation for the specific
case.

An array map may be good for maps with a very small number of
entries, but inappropriate for maps with a big number of entries.
Since Clojure only promises the interface, it's free to decide
that assoc should now return a converted map for performance
reasons.

At least this is the impression I got from Rich's talk at - I think -
the Boston Lisp Group. I think he mentioned something like this.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sincerely
Meikel