On Nov 11, 1:17 am, Albert Cardona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perhaps one way to do that would be to have a higher-order doc function,
> that replied with keywords belonging to it. For example, a mock-up call
> for "Maps":
>
>  >>> (doc Maps)
> ----
> Maps are this and that, and can be manipulated with:
>   (hash-map keyvals*)
>   (sorted-map keyvals*)
>   (sorted-map-by comparator keyvals*)
>   (assoc map key val)
>   (dissoc map key)
>   (get map key)
>   (contains? map key)

Matlab (for example) solves this in its own hackish way by offering
help categories.  If you type "help" you get a list of categories with
a brief description of each one (e.g., "ops" for operators, "lang" for
programming language constructs, "elmat" for matrix manipulation).  If
you type "help <categoryname>" you get a list of functions belonging
to that category.  However, the Clojure website already presents the
information in this way, and I don't much mind keeping a web browser
open while I'm hacking ;-)  Maybe the right way is to scrape the
Clojure website and generate categories from that?

mfh