On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Daniel Spiewak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sounds like you're wasting your time trying to get this working with
> just static HTML pages.  I think that it's possible, but you would
> have to do a lot of really nasty javascript hackery to make the button
> targets dynamic.  Alternatively, the HTML could be truely static and
> pre-generated using a program written in your language of choice.  No
> special software is needed for either route, but they both sound
> painful and really more trouble than they're worth.

If you did choose to go the static-HTML route, then you could export a
"table of contents" in JavaScript, and let each page use this table to
determine which pages precede and follow it. So if you have pages
like:

2008-11-01.html
2008-11-05.html
2008-11-06.html

you might have a toc.js file containing

days = ['2008-11-01', '2008-11-05', '2008-11-06']
function previous_day_url() { ... }  // uses 'days' and 'document.location.href'
function next_day_url() { ... }

Each html file would include this JS file, and use it to power the
forward/backward buttons. Presumably you can hook into Muse's
publishing function and have it generate the JS file automatically for
you.

You might learn some JavaScript, HTML and Elisp this way, but no Clojure. :-)

Graham